Each family writes TWO post dated cheques:
1. $25 dated May 31, 2018. If you do not attend the AGM meeting, your cheque will be cashed.
2. $300 dated March 31, 2018. If you do not obtain THREE credits, your cheque will be cashed.
Three credits per ELMHA family are required, with ONE being a Silver Stick Shift. The other two may be obtained by completing the following tasks:
Acting as the kitchen lead (or part of a committee) responsible for organizing, purchasing and preparing the food in the Upstairs Booth for Watford SilverStick. This includes one meal for each player/coach in the tournament as well as a small menu to sell to the spectators.
- acting as a coach/assistant coach/trainer/manager for the season (regular participation in practices and games are required.)
- acting as an ELMHA executive member and attending 80% of the meetings and completing the designated job function.
- acting as the SilverStick Sponsorship Coordinator - in cooperation with ELMHA, Watford SilverStick and Alvinston SilverStick.
- acting as the ELMHA Clothing and Spirit Coordinator
- working a shift at the Cornfest Dance in August
- working a shift at the Alvinston SilverStick (door or penalty box)
- working a shift at the Watford SilverStick (kitchen or penalty box)
- working a shift at Mighty Mite Day in February
All ELMHA families must work ONE SilverStick shift - either in Watford or Alvinston - regardless of how many credits they have earned. It is a privilege to have these tournaments held in our home arenas. It takes A LOT of volunteers to make it successful. The entire ELMHA organization benefits from the donations from the Watford and Alvinston SilverStick Committees. This is why ALL families are required to participate. If you have concerns in this regard, please contact Sue Thorne at the email or number below.
All fundraising activities are for the current hockey season, August to March. That means that all activities for reimbursement have to be completed between this time period.
Any other questions or concern about volunteer credits please contact Sue Thorne 519-328-3753 or [email protected].