Some centres are have trouble with games being curfewed. Some of the problems could be eliminated if teams were not so tardy starting the games. Some teams are performing pregame rituals and chants. As a result referees have been instructed to enforce the 3 minute warmup rule as detailed below. Huddles either around the net or at the bench before the game will no longer be allowed. Select your starting 5 players in the dressing room and be ready to go immediately after the handshake.
Referees have been contacted effective immediately a directive email will be sent out to all referees that following will take place.
- all games will have a 3 min warm up
- at the 2:15 second mark the whistle or buzzer will blow to pick up the puck and go to the bench.
- players will proceed to shake hands before the 3 minute mark end and then proceed directly to the bench.
- there will be NO huddles around the net
- failure to do this will result in a 2 minute delay of game penalty to the offending coach and his team.
Western District Vice-President